In November, 1946, a group of men met in the Capitol Hotel to discuss the possibility of organizing the Amarillo Advertising Club. The steering committee for this organization meeting was Gordon Morrison, John Forkner and Ross Rogers.
A few weeks later, thirty met at the Amarillo Country Club for dinner ($2.00 a plate) and unanimously decided to proceed with the organization of a professional ad club.
Ross Rogers, acting as temporary chairman, appointed a nominating committee of five members. The committee included Paul Allingham, Waldo M. Wright, W.E. Knight, Van Allm and Aubry Jackson. These men were asked to recommend fifteen persons which nine were to be elected as members of the first board of directors.
The election meeting was scheduled for January 7, 1947, At this meeting, F.V. Wallace was chosen as the first president.